The Lingerie of Sex & the City 2!!! ~ Frou Frou Fashionista - Luxury Lingerie Blog for Faire Frou Frou

Tuesday, June 1

The Lingerie of Sex & the City 2!!!

Sarah Jessica Parker wears a Carine Gilson robe

Samantha wears a Marlies Dekkers "Tinguely" thong in SATC 2
a glimpse of a La Fee Verte bra
left: Balmain top, Calvin Klein bra, Hanro shorts right: The Lake & Stars 'Curveball' chemise, Huit bra
left: Yigal Azoural gown, Eres bra & panty (we loved this set!)
right: vintage nightgown, Marlies Dekkers "Ship of Dreams" bra (oh how we want it! update: we just bought it online!) & On Gossamer panty
left: vintage Calvin Klein right: Curve chemise
left: Carine Gilson robe right: Odette Barsa & Low Luv metallic harness
images via Sex & the City 2: The Stories. The Fashion. The Adventure.
Photographer: Craig Blankenhorn & New Line Productions, Publisher: Running Press & Melcher Media


We hope that by now all of our readers have seen Sex & the City 2 (SATC 2), and if not, you need to go see it! Granted, it wasn't the best movie in the world, but it's just so much fun to see our 4 favorite females together and in dozens of wardrobe changes. It's inspiring seeing so much glamour, and kind of fun predicting how the movie will affect fashion trends.
We had a great time identifying the lingerie in the film...it kind of felt like lingerie detective work. Carrie Bradshaw is the queen of perfectly layering her bra as outerwear, and really exemplifies the importance of glam underpinnings.
We are pleased to congratulate the small group of lingerie brands that made it into the film: Marlies Dekkers, Hanro, Eres, Huit, The Lake & Stars, Carine Gilson, La Fee Verte, Cosabella, On Gossamer and vintage Calvin Klein.
On a side note, we received word that a Fleur of England bra (called Raspberry Lace) was selected by Sarah Jessica Parker for the film, but apparently we just didn't see it...we wonder which dress it was concealed under! We were also told that SJP requested to keep the bra after filming wrapped for her personal collection (lucky gal).

* * * * * * * * * * * * *
Make sure to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Bloglovin' or Google Friend Connect
Shop with us at Faire Frou Frou

29 fabulous comments:

Fifi Flowers said...

Ooooh it was sooooo much FUN!!! I remember these fashions!!!

Insomnia said...

Ahaha, Samantha :) Marlies Dekkers has some very nice stuff.
Loving the long & the green CK nightgowns!

Still have to go see the movie.

Paris Pastry said...

Loved the Marlies Dekkers lingerie!!

Jessica said...

Such a fun post! I can't even imagine being draped in so many luxurious pieces!

Miss Kitty Plum said...

Oh that's great... wow congrats on the research!


Great to see Marlies Dekkers bras getting so much coverage. hopefully women will feel more confident wearing them the more they see celebs in them.

www.janetteria.com said...

Oh, thanks for this post! Awesome!

Katie@Knickers said...

Thank you so much for posting these pictures. With all the "inspired" lingerie it's fantastic to see the actual lingerie.

Is it wrong that I have lingerie from almost all of the designers mentioned? :P

Julia, the Thanksgiving Girl said...

Ohh I LOVED the La Fee Verte bra in the movie, so thanks for telling me what that actually was!!! I also love dthe vintage night gown... Ugh too bad its vintage though, I'd love to have own like that!

Come stop by to take part in the THANK YOU TOO! Contest

VM Creation Atelier said...

Totally great enjoy!!!-)*

Thank you SOooo much for visiting me and for you delight comments,darling!-)*

Always with Love,
***Violetta***

A Gift Wrapped Life said...

Saw the movie last night and it definately made me want to up the fashion style of my nightwear. It must have been a fun movie for you to see and identify all the brands. I thought it was fun, fun and just what I needed this week. XO

Unknown said...

carrie's silver nightgown was definitely my fave... sad to learn it is vintage and therefore I can't really buy it for myself

http://diyainherstilettos.blogspot.com/

Lauren said...

Love Carrie's bathrobe. Gorgeous! I have to wait til Monday night to see the movie as its all sold out. Can't wait!! Hope you have a lovely week xx

ari said...

hello, thanks for stopping by my blog, yes I watched the movie, the fashion was great, great post! :)

agnes said...

de très jolies photos, ton blog est vraiment beau. J'adore

Catita said...

it's cool you've thought of having a lingerie blog as its the first one like it I come across. I love Marlies Dekkers!
Catita
http://catindreamland.blogspot.com/

Gabby / Gypsy*Diaries said...

HaHa!!! What a fabulous post! :) love it...
xxx

http://gypsy-diaries.blogspot.com/

Stéphanie said...

Fabulous post !

Emilie said...

I remember it!
Great post darling!

Lies said...

Thanks for your comment, you're quite the expert it seems! Luckily I have rather tiny breasts so I don't have to bother with buying a bra that supports me or something like that, I always get to choose cute and loose things^^

Melissa Blake said...

oooh, those are all lovely! xoxo

Barbara von Enger said...

My sleep wear/lingerie is mostly handmade or from Eres and La Perla, though I'm tired of La Perla right now. LOL. I adore dressing gowns and have a collection in crushed silk. Love this series of pictures from Sex & The City 2. Have yet to see the film, though. Have a lovely weekend, sweetie;-)

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

I always love the lingerie..they wear the best! Thanks for sharing what's what!

Radu Prisacaru – UK Internet Marketer & Web Developer said...

This one looks delicious. Thanks!

Jill said...

I just love the robe!

Exquisite Accessories said...

Finally got to see it on Wednesday night love love loved it!! Oh the fashion the settings & the charactors were fabulous :)

JackieKay said...

Great post!
What was the bra Carrie was wearing under her red carpet dress? It was black & strapless. You could see it best when she had the tv argument with Big.

Lucia said...

I'm still obsessing over the Yigal Azourel caftan. Do you know where I can find one? or where they were sold?

Christie said...

Hellooo! Does anyone know where I can score a night gown like that gray vintage calvin klein ! Its so gorgeous!

Jodiewalker2 said...

Anyone know where I can get something to the vintage nightgown on the right in picture 5